2/3 cup (warm) Water
1.75 cups Flour
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Yeast
½ tsp Salt
- Warm 2/3 of a cup of water in a microwave (about 1.5 minutes)
- In a mixing bowl combine water, flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Knead with a dough hook at medium speed or by hand until a smooth, elastic dough forms (about 10 minutes)
- Place the dough in a warm area and cover with a warm damp towel. Allow the dough to rise until it doubles in size.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured cutting board and release the air in the dough by kneading briefly. Shape the dough into 6 small balls and allow proofing a second time. (about an hour)
- Flatten each dough ball into a 7″ wide circle, add toppings as desired and bake in a 550 degree oven until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Pita Bread: Follow steps 1-6 but do not add toppings. Bake about 13 minutes in a 550 degree oven. When removed from the oven, the bread deflates and a pocket forms.
- Grilled bread or Boboli style. Prepare the basic pizza dough but grill the bread 3 to 4 minutes on each side until the bread blisters, puffs, and cooks through.
Yield: 6 – 3 ounce servings
28 grams Carb: